Leica has announced a new smartphone and a successor to the Leitz Phone 1. Called the Leica Leitz Phone 2, the smartphone comes sporting a 6.6-inch WUXGA+ Pro IGZO OLED display, with a screen resolution of 1260 x 2730 pixels. The design is based on the Sharp AQUOS R7, but has a 1-inch 47.2 MP CMOS image sensor.
The Leitz Phone 2 comes powered by a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 SoC, and paired with 12GB of RAM. The phone has an internal storage capacity of 512GB and it can be expandable up to 1TB using a memory card. It runs on Android 12 OS and packs a 5000mAh battery with fast charging. It comes as both water and dust proof and all so, features an in-display fingerprint sensor.
On the front of the device, is a 12.6MP front camera with f/2.3 aperture. The rear comes with 47.2 MP CMOS image sensor as mentioned earlier. It is 5G enabled, and as well support other connectivity options such as 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC and USB Type-C. See complete specifications below.
Leica Leitz Phone 2 Full Specifications
- Network: 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G
- Display: 6.6-inch (1260 x 2730 pixels) WUXGA+ Pro IGZO OLED display, 1-240Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- RAM and Storage: 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 512GB UFS 3.1 storage, microSD up to 1TB
- OS: Dual SIM
- SIM: Android 12
- Rear: 47.2MP 1″ sensor with f/1.9 aperture, Leica Sumicron lens, EIS, LED Flash, Low Light 1.9MP ToF AF camera
- Front: 12.6MP front camera with f/2.3 aperture
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: grams
- Colours: Wilderness Black, Luna Blue, Energy Green and Sunset Gold
- Others: Water and dustproof (IPX5 / IPX8 / IP6X)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with fast charging
Price and Availability?
The Leica Leitz Phone 2 comes in Leica White colours and will be exclusively available in Japan from November 18th at a price tag of $1,537.