Amazon FireStick is a simple but yet an incredibly streaming device. As simple as it is, the tool allows you to convert any regular TV with HDMI compatibility into a smart TV. With it, you can stream content from online media and entertainment services like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and more. It is a tool rich in feature, making it popular by the day.
While this may be a great tool, it also has its drawback. Some of these include paying a subscription fee to stream content, apps available are only limited to that of the official Amazon Appstore. So if you own a FireStick and thinking of getting third-party streaming apps from outside the official Amazon Appstore, then Jailbreaking is the way to go. This post is going to show you a simple and step by step guide on How to Jailbreak FireStick.
Why Jailbreak a FireStick?
The answer is pretty simple and has already been reviewed above. They are many benefits of jailbreaking a FireStick and some of the reasons include;
- Ease and access to third party apps outside the Amazon Appstore.
- Access to media contents without paying a subscription fee that will bore a hole in your pocket.
- Access to all the features available on the device.
How to Jailbreak FireStick
- Go to the home screen of your Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Select Find in the middle bar followed by Search
- On this Search window, type the name of the app Downloader
- Click the Downloader icon on the next screen
- Choose Download (or Get) on the window that appears next
- Wait for the Downloader app to download and then install
- Click Open to launch the Downloader app
Dismiss any prompts that are displayed when you use the Downloader app for the first time
How to Set Up the Fire Stick for Jailbreaking:
For the jailbreak process to work, you need to tweak a setting on Fire TV Stick. To do this;
- Power on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and wait for this home screen to load up
- Go to Settings by clicking on the gear icon
- Select My Fire TV
- Next is to select Developer Options
- Switch ON the option ADB Debugging
- Next, click Install unknown apps (This gives you permission to download apps from outside the Amazon App Store).
- Click Downloader and turn it ON
- Next, you need to go back to the Settings window.
- Select Preferences and then Open Privacy Settings
- From here, you need to turn OFF the following options to stop sharing the usage data after you jailbreak Fire Stick
- Device Usage Data
- Collect App Usage Data
- Go back to the Preferences window and select the Data Monitoring option
- Now, turn OFF Data Monitoring on the next screen
This is how you can Jailbreak an Amazon Fire TV Stick, I hope this guide was helpful.