OPPO is ready to unveil the Reno 8 series that consist of the Reno 8, Reno 8 Pro, and Reno 8 Pro+. According to report, the series is set to launch on May 23 in China. The Reno 8 has been in the news lately and recently we saw the spec details list on TENAA.
From what we have seen in the TENAA listing, the OPPO Reno 8 features a 6.43-inch FHD+ AMOLED punch-hole display, with a 20:9 aspect ratio. It has a body dimension of 160 x 73.4 x 7.67mm and weighs 179 grams. It will be coming with an in-display fingerprint scanner, and should have a 90Hz or 120Hz refresh rate.
The phone is powered by a 3GHz octa-core processor, which is believed to be the Dimensity 1300 SoC. The Reno 8 will be paired with 8GB and 12GB RAM and comes with 128GB and 256GB storage version. It is expected to run on Android 12 OS, backed by a 4,500mAh battery that supports 80W rapid charging.
On the front of the phone, is a 32-megapixel front-facing camera. On the rear, is a combination of 50-megapixel + 2-megapixel + 2-megapixel triple camera unit. See expected specifications below.
OPPO Reno 8 Expected Specifications
- Network: 4G, 3G and 2G
- Display: 6.43-inch (pixels) FHD+ AMOLED Display
- Processor: 3GHzOcta-Core Mobile Platform
- RAM and Storage: 8GB/12GB RAM with 128GB/256GB Internal Storage with expandable memory of up to 1TB using MicroSD
- OS: Android 12
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear: 50MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP depth, 2MP wide angle
- Front: 32MP front-facing camera
- Sensor: In-Display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 160 x 73.4 x 7.67mm
- Weight: 179 grams
- Colours: Slightly Drunk, Clear Sky Blue, Purple and Night Tour Black
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 4.2, USB 2.0
- Battery: 4500mAh battery with 80W rapid charging
For the colour options, the TENAA listing mentioned that the Reno 8 will be made available in purple color. Other colour options include Slightly Drunk, Clear Sky Blue, and Night Tour Black.