Redmi has announce its latest top-end gaming phone in China. The phone is the latest addition to its list of K series and also the company’s newest member of its 5G family. Known as the Redmi K50G, the phone comes sporting a 6.67-inch FHD+ flexible OLED display, with a resolution of 2400 x 1080 pixels. It has a 120Hz high refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 1,920Hz PWM color adjustment.
The Redmi K50G is the world’s first device equipped with CyberEngine X-axis motor 1016. The 1016 motor vibration frequency covers 50Hz-500Hz, which can achieve a richer vibration effect. Also, the phone has a 4860mm² large dual vapor chambers and large-area graphite to keep the temperature down. Powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, the phone sports up to 128GB RAM and has up to 256GB of storage.
The K50G runs on MIUI 13, which is based on Android 12. It has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor as well as an Infrared sensor. With a dimension of 162.5x 76.7 x 8.5mm, the device weighs 210 grams. It has a 4700mAh battery capacity that supports 120W hyper charge fast charging. On the front of the phone, is a 20MP front-facing camera. On the back, the Redmi K50G sports a combination of 64MP main rear camera, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens and an additional 2MP telemacro camera.
Redmi K50G Specifications
- Network: 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G
- Display: 6.67-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 HDR10 + 10-bit display, MEMC, 120Hz refresh rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB LPPDDR5 (6400Mbps) RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 12GB LPPDDR5 (6400Mbps) RAM 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- OS: MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear: 64MP rear camera with Sony IMX686 sensor, f/1.65 aperture, LED flash, 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP telemacro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front: 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX596
- Dimensions: 162.5x 76.7 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 210 grams
- Sensors: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Colours: black, blue, and silver
- Others: USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, JBL Audio quality certification, Symmetrical four-unit wideband speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4700mAh battery with 120W hyper charge fast charging
Price and Availability?
The Redmi K50G comes in black, blue, and silver color options. The 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version cost $520, and the 12GB RAM with 128GB storage version cost $567. On the other hand, the 12GB with 256GB model costs $614. There is a 12GB RAM with 256GB storage Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One Team Edition that cost $662.