Recently, Nigerians have witnessed the rise in use of Point of Sale Terminals, better known as POS. This is largely due to shortage of physical cash from the policy introduced by the federal bank of Nigeria in conjunction with the federal government. A lot of persons have turned to the use of these POS terminals as a means of payment option and way of getting around.
Before now, we share a post on how you can get yourself a Kudi POS Machine, the Price for the machine as well as its charges. Today, we shall be looking at another great alternative to Kudi POS, called Moniepoint. Aside Kudi and Moniepoint, there are other options to choose from. Some of these include, Baxi, Opay, PalmPay and many more. With the growing rise in the usage, your business should need one. For me, these ones listed above come with some of the best services and charges.
Moniepoint is an all-in-one provider of payments, banking and operations services own by Moniepoint Inc. It is a simple payment solution designed to power both small and medium scale businesses in Nigeria. Services offered by the company include, but not limited to Moniepoint POS, Quick and Easy access to loans, free bank account and ATM card, and many more.
Moniepoint POS Machine And How To Get It
Moniepoint POS is one of the services offered by the company. The company provides a POS Machine to agents for the ease of doing business. With these you can make payments as well as withdraw cash from any authorize agents. Its services are safe, easy and fast too.
Moniepoint POS Services And Features:
Services offered by the company’s POS machine include
- Cash withdrawal.
- Fund transfer.
- Instant settlement.
- Check customers’ account balances.
- Payment of utility bills.
How To Get The POS Machine?
For you to get the POS machine, you need to register to become an agent. This can be done by going to their official website at https://moniepoint.com/, fill out the registration form and summit your application. Next is to confirm your email address and phone number after wish an agent would reach out to you after 48 hours of registration.
Requirement to Get the POS Machine
To be able to get the Moniepoint POS Machine, there are things or documents you require. These include;
- A certified business license
- Your bank verification number (BVN)
- House PHCN bill
- Your bank account number
- Identity card, which could either be a National ID, Voters car, or any other nationally accepted card
Price Of Moniepoint POS Machine?
The cost of getting a Moniepoint POS Machine is just above ₦21,500. According to the company, the ₦21,500 covers a ₦10,000 caution fee, ₦10,000 logistics fee, and ₦1,500 insurance fee for 1 year.
Moniepoint POS Charges and Commission
- With withdrawals between N1-N20,000, Moniepoint POS charges only 0.5% of the transaction amount.
- For transactions above N20,000, Moniepoint charges a flat rate of N100(charges may change at any time.
- For transfers, Moneypoint POS charges a flat rate of N20 for transfers.
Frequency Asked Questions
How much do I pay to get a Moniepoint POS Terminal?
- To get the Moniepoint POS, you pay N21,500.
How long does it take to get a Moniepoint POS terminal?
- After you make a request, you can get the Moniepoint POS terminal within 48hrs.
What cards can I accept on my Moniepoint POS terminal?
- Your POS terminal is compatible with all cards.
Can I accept transfers with my Moniepoint POS terminal?
- Yes, you can.
Do I need special training to use the Moniepoint POS terminal?
- No, but you can always contact our customer support if you have any questions.
Can I get more than one Moniepoint POS terminal for my business?
- Yes, we provide multiple terminals for large businesses.
Who can I ask questions about my Moniepoint POS terminal?
- Our wonderful customer support team members are always there for you.