Sometimes, we reveal too much on social media and it sometimes comes back to hurt us. That is why the clamor for person privacy has been on the increase. On our part, we can do more and sometimes staying anonymous can help. If you are an Instagram user and you are looking for a way to share a post without revealing your location, then this post is for.
There are many reasons for wanting to keep your location private and one of such many reasons, is for safety purposes. This is one of the many reasons the topic of privacy is a growing consign on the internet. While the use of a VPN might be a great choice, there are a few tips you can appeal to keep your location safe without breaking the bank.
Instagram is a great social media platform to share pictures and short videos with family and friends. It is also a great place to grow your business and brand due to the increasing number of users. According to reports, the platform has close to one billion monthly active users. With that number, sharing the wrong information, can come back to hunt you.
So if you want to share something via the platform and prefer to stay anonymous, without needing a VPN, then you are going to like this. Simply follow the steps below and you can drop your comments to thank me later.
Hide your location on Instagram
iPhone Users: This is How You Can Turn Off Location Services On Your Device
- First, go to your iPhone Settings.
- Then, select Privacy
- Next is to select Location Services.
- Under the list of apps you have, simply look and select Instagram.
- Click on it and then select either Never or While Using the App.
Android Users: This is How You Can Turn Off Location Services On Your Device
- Go to your Android Settings
- Click on Apps and the select Instagram from the list
- Now select Permissions and remove permission to access Location Services.
How To Remove Location From An Already Existing or Published Instagram Posts
- Go to your Instagram and select a post you have published before.
- Now select the three dot located on the top right hand side
- Next, you need to select Edit
- Select the location name.
- And then you need to either Remove Location or Change Location.