Do you know that you can use your Android phone as a secondary monitor for your PC? Yes, you heard me right. Your phone might come in handing, when making a hardcore multitasking on your Windows personal computer. Instead of having 2 PCs close to each other or spending much more on getting a 2nd monitor, you can simply leverage your Android Smarthone for this task. In this post, I am going to show you how this can be done.
Without wasting time, we are going to start by looking at the steps and ways that this can be done. One tool that can help to perform these, is the Spacedesk application. This is a simple but very useful application to help you transform your Android phone into a 2nd screen for your Windows desktop. Wondering how this can be done, don’t worry as we will be getting to that in a bit.
What is Spacedesk?
As mention earlier, Spacedesk is a lightweight application developed by datronicsoft. It was designed to help users, turn their Android phone, tablet or Chromebook into an advanced extra display for Windows PC. The application is available in both Android and .EXE format. Check out some of the features of the app below.
- INCREDIBLY SIMPLE: The app is pretty much simple and easy to use as it will automatically detect the free Windows desktop app. All you have to do, is click to connect and you can transform your Android device into a touchscreen display.
- VERY FAST: Spacedesk is designed to be lightweight, hence very fast
- SYSTEM SUPPORT: The app runs on both Android and PC device.
How To Use Android Phone As The Secondary Monitor For PC
For you to be able to turn your Android phone to a 2nd monitor using the mentioned app, simply follow the steps below.
- Install Spacedesk On Your PC: The first step to turning your simple Android to a 2nd monitor, is to download and install the application on your PC. You can do this, by going to the official website of the developer to get the software. Finish download and follow the steps to install on your PC
- Install Spacedesk On Your Android: The next step is to also download and install the mobile version of the application on your Android phone. You can do this by going to Google Play Store to download and install on your device.
- Connect Your Phone To Your PC: When you are done with the download of both application from above, connect your Android phone via Wi-Fi network to your personal computer. Now launch the app on your Android phone and it will synch with the version on your PC. When this is done, simply click “Connect” to get started.
- Using Your Smartphone As A Wireless 2nd Screen: After the connection is complete, you will get a beeping sound of your phone. At the same time, you will see that Windows desktop will be visible on your Android phone. All that you are doing, will be visible on your Android screen.
Using the Spacedesk application, is an easy way to turn your Android phone into a secondary monitor for your PC. Just in case you wish to use your Android phone as a second desktop rather than only mirroring your primary display, right-tap any empty space on your Windows desktop, then select “Display Settings.” From there, use the drop-down menu way down on the window to select “Extend these displays,” then tap “Apply.”
I hope this post was helpful, you can drop a comment if you wish to contribute or ask any question.