Pluto TV comes as one of the best streaming service with over 250+ channels and 1000’s of on-demand movies and TV shows. Owned by ViacomCBS the platform, offers content from networks like Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, and MTV all for free. Although free, without registration, you still need to activate it before you can enjoy its contents, hence the reason for this article.
Unlike other streaming service like Netflix, Pluto TV generates its revenue by running advertisements and this comes up when changing channels. One of the reasons of activating Pluto TV, is that it allows you to pair your smartphone as a remote giving you the ability to edit the channel line-up (hide/favorite) in your account.
About Pluto TV?
Launched back in March 31, 2014, Pluto TV is an American internet television service based in Los Angeles, California. It was co-founded by Tom Ryan, Ilya Pozin and Nick Grouf in 2013. According to Wikipedia, the platform has more than 20 million monthly active users provides more than 250 channels for their viewing pleasure.
ViacomCBS acquired the platform, for a reported sum of $340 million on March 4, 2019, a deal which started on January 22, 2019. Contents offered by the platform include, but not limited to News, Sports, Entertainment, Life Style, Music, Cartoons, Comedies and a lot more. Currently, Pluto TV is available in the countries such as the United Kingdom, Europe, and Australia. It is also available in Canada, but only in a limited capacity due to existing program rights held by domestic broadcasters.
Device That Supports Pluto TV?
Pluto TV can be activated on any of the following devices with more to be added soon.
- iPad and iPhone
- Android phones, Tablets and TV
- 4th generation Apple TV devices
- Amazon Kindle & Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Fire TV Stick
- Vizio Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Sony Smart TVs
- Windows PC
- Mac Computers
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 3
- Xbox One
- Google Chromecast
- Chrome Web App
- Roku Devices + Roku TV
How to Sign up for Pluto TV
You can sign up for Pluto TV by following the steps below;
- Start by going to the official website of Pluto TV
- Click on the Sign Up option.
- Then, fill out all the information required and click Sign Up – Free.
- After that, you can start enjoying free channels and shows!
Pluto TV Activate
Although activating your Pluto TV isn’t necessary, activating it allows you to personalize your experience.
To activate Pluto TV, just follow these steps:
- Firstly, what you need to do, is to install the Pluto TV app on your streaming device.
- Next is to go to channel 02 or visit their website.
- After that, click on the Activate button available on the Pluto TV guide
- Then, you will be asked to input your Pluto TV activate code.
- Enter the Pluto TV six-digit activation code and click the Activate button
- And you are done.