HUAWEI has announced its latest smartphone at an event held in China. The new device, known as the HUAWEI P50E is coming after the company introduced the P50 and the P50 Pro smartphones back in June last year. The latest addition to its P Series, comes with a 6.5-inch FHD+ OLED display, with a screen resolution of 2700 x 1224 Pixels. It comes with 90Hz refresh rate and also, support for 1,440Hz PWM dimming.
The phone has a body dimension of 156.5 ×73.8 ×7.92mm and a weight of 181 grams. It is powered by an Octa Core Snapdragon 778G supported with Adreno 642L GPU. It is paired with 8GB of RAM and comes in two storage versions that include 128GB and 256GB. The HUAWEI P50E runs on the company’s own HarmonyOS 2 OS and packs a 4100mAh battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge.
The P50E comes with In-display fingerprint sensor and it supports 4G network, WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC and USB 3.1 Type-C. For the cameras, the phone comes with a 50MP True-Chroma Camera with f/1.8 aperture, a 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture and a 12MP periscope telephoto camera with 5x zoom. According to the company, this is up to 80x digital zoom.
Huawei P50E Full Specifications
- Network: 4G, 3G and 2G
- Display: 6.5-inch (2700 x 1224 Pixels) FHD+ OLED display with 90Hz refresh rate,300Hz touch sampling rate, P3 colour gamut, up to 1.07 billion colours
- Processor: Octa Core (4 x 2.4GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G 4G 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB RAM with 128GB /256GB storage
- OS: HarmonyOS 2
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear: 50MP True-Chroma Camera with f/1.8 aperture, 13MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 12MP periscope telephoto camera with 5x zoom, up to 80x digital zoom, OIS, f/3.4 aperture, LED flash
- Front: 13MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 156.5 ×73.8 ×7.92mm
- Weight: 181 grams
- Colours: Obsidian Black, Cocoa Gold, Snow White and Galaxy Blue
- Others: Water, dust resistant (IP68), USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE,GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- Battery: 4100mAh battery with 66W HUAWEI SuperCharge
Price and Availability?
The Huawei P50E comes in Obsidian Black, Cocoa Gold, Snow White and Galaxy Blue colours and the phone has a price tag of US$643 for 8GB RAM with 128GB storage model. The 8GB RAM with 256GB storage model costs US$706. The phone is expected to be available for order and will go on sale in China from March 24th.