ZTE has announced its latest flagship smartphone, called the Axon 40 Ultra. This was done in an event in China, alongside the Axon 40 Pro. As per the specs, the phone comes sporting a a 6.8-inch Full HD+ 71° curved AMOLED display, with a resolution of 2480 x 1080 pixels. It offers a 120Hz refresh rate, 10-bit color depth and 1.07 billion colours.
The ZTE Axon 40 Ultra has a third-generation under-screen camera with full-screen blue diamond arrangement, independent pixel driver, distributed transparent circuit, UDC Pro screen display chip. It has a body dimension of 163.28×73.56×8.41mm and a Weight of 204 grams. It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, supported with Adreno next-gen GPU. The Axon 40 Ultra runs on MyOS 12, which is based on Android 12 OS.
It is available in three RAM and storage version that include 8GB, 12GB and 16GB RAM, and 256GB, 512GB and 1TB options. The phone comes with an In-display fingerprint sensor and packs a 5000mAh battery that supports 80W fast charging. On the back of the phone, is a combination of 64MP custom IMX787 main camera, OIS, 64MP custom IMX787 ultra-wide-angle main camera and 64MP periscope telephoto camera with 5.7x optical zoom, OIS. On the front, is a 16-megapixel front UDC, which, according to the company, can reach up to a 2.24μm large pixel infusion effect, generating greater light sensitivity for the UDC area.
ZTE Axon 40 Full Specifications
- Network: 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G
- Display: 6.8-inch (2480 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1440Hz PWM dimming, up to 1500 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Processor: Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 3.1) internal memory
- OS: Android 12 with MyOS 12
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear: 64MP rear camera with IMX787 sensor, f/1.6 aperture, OIS, 64MP ultra-wide lens with IMX787 sensor, 64MP Periscope telephoto camera with OV64B sensor, 5.7x optical zoom, TOF sensor, LED flash, 8K recording with all cameras
- Front: 16MP Under-screen camera
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 163.28×73.56×8.41mm
- Weight: 204 grams
- Colours: Sunset Blue and Starry Black colours
- Others: USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charging
Price and Availability?
The ZTE Axon 40 Ultra 8GB with 256GB goes for $743, the 12GB with 256GB cost $787, the 12GB with 512GB version cost $862 and the 16GB with 1TB version cost $1085. They are currently available to order and will go on sale in China from May 13th. The global version will be officially available in June 2022.