Tecno has added a new member to the Spark family. The device which was silently introduced into the Nigerian market, is called Tecno Spark 8. The phone is a direct successor to the Spark 7 and it is coming just a few months after the spark 7 was launched. While the device is currently selling in stores across the country, not many people know about the specs of the device.
I was lucky to have stumbled upon the device and from what I was able to gather, the Tecno Spark 8 sports a 6.5-inch IPS LCD display, with a screen resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. Powered by the MediaTek Helio P22 processor, the phone comes paired with 2GB of RAM, with an internal storage capacity of 64GB. This storage can be expanded up to 256GB using a memory card.
The phone run on Tecno’s HiOS 7.6 based on Android 11 operating system. It comes with a 5000mAh battery capacity with 10W charging with the help of a 2.0 micro USB. For the cameras, the Spark 8 comes with an 8-megapixels selfie camera, and on the back is a combination of a 16-megapixels sensor and a QVGA lens.
The Spark 8 Specifications?
- Display: 6.5-inch (720 x 1600 pixels) LCD Notch Display
- Processor: Octa-Core Mediatek Helio P22 processor
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM with 64GB internal storage and expandable memory with Micro-SD up to 256GB
- Dual SIM
- OS: Android 11 with HiOS 7.6
- Rear: 16MP camera with LED flash, QVGA lens
- Front: 8MP front camera
- Security: Rear mounted Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: mm
- Weight: grams
- Connectivities: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Price And Availability?
From what I was able to find out, the new Tecno Spark 8 comes with a price tag of around N55,000 (Naira), which is just about $134 US Dollars. The phone comes in different colour options. More details will be released after the official launching, so please stay tuned to this blog.