Tecno has unveiled its first-ever 5G smartphone and it has done it silently. Known as the Tecno Pova 5G, the phone came sporting a 6.95-inch IPS LCD display, with a refresh rate of 120Hz. It offers a 1080 x 2460 pixels Full HD+ resolution and has 480ppi pixel density.
The phone is powered by the MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G processor. Running on Tecno’s own HIOS 8.0 interface which is based on Android 11, it is powered by a huge 6000mAh battery capacity with support for 18W fast charging. According to the company, the phone offers 775 hours of standby time, 55 hours of talk time, and 11 hours of gaming.
The Pova 5G packs an 8GB RAM and has an internal storage capacity of 128GB. This can also be expanded using a memory card. The phone features a side-mounted fingerprint sensor, and supports connectivity options such as wifi, Bluetooth, USB and A-GPS.
On the camera angle, the phone sports a single 16-megapixel wide angle front shooter supported dual-LED flash. On the back, is a combination of 50-megapixel main rear camera, a 2-megapixel camera, and an AI lens.
Tecno Pova 5G Specifications
- Network: 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G
- Display: 6.9-inch (1080 x 2460 pixels) Full HD+ display
- Processor: Octa Core MediaTek MT6877 Dimensity 900 5G (6 nm) processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB RAM with 128GB storage and expandable using a memory card
- OS: HIOS 8.0 based on Android 11
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear: 50MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 2MP and QVGA
- Front: 16MP front-facing camera with dual LED flash
- Sensor: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 172.8 x 78.2 x 9.1mm
- Weight: grams
- Colours: Aether Black
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- Battery: 6000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Price and Availability?
The Tecno Pova 5G comes in Aether Black colour and is priced at $289 (US).