TECNO has announced two Flagship smartphones in its PHANTOM Series. Known as the PHANTOM X2 and PHANTOM X2 Pro, both flagship product was unveiled at an event in Dubai. One of the highlights of the show, is the unveiling of the PHANTOM X2 Pro, which the company revealed as the world’s first smartphone to feature a retractable portrait lens. According to the company, this is comparable to a professional camera.
It is said that both smartphones came with an upgraded “Ella” AI Voice Assistant is now available in offline mode. They also feature a Smart 5G 2.0 that significantly reduces 5G power. Other features include coming with a unique unibody double-curved build and a 3.5D lunar crater design in three mysterious, space-inspired colors, resulting in an eye-catching look and a comfortable feel.
As per the specs, both the TECNO PHANTOM X2 and PHANTOM X2 Pro comes sporting a 6.8-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, that boast of a 120Hz refresh rate. The smartphone features a 1080 x 2400 pixels, as well as coming with a Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. It is powered by an Octa Core Dimensity 9000 processor, that is clocked at a speed of up to 3.05GHz. This is supported with the Mali-G710 10-core GPU. They both came having a body dimension that measures 164.6 x 72.7 x 8.9mm.
The PHANTOM X2 is paired with 8GB of RAM, while the PHANTOM X2 Pro has 12GB worth of RAM. Both devices rocks a massive 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. They both run on HiOS 12 interface that is based on Android 12. Battery wise, they both pack a 5160mAh battery that supports up to 45W fast charging. Both smartphones feature an In-display fingerprint sensor, USB Type-C audio and Stereo speakers.
On the camera side, both the PHANTOM X2 and PHANTOM X2 Pro came with a 32MP front camera. On the rear, the PHANTOM X2 sports a 64MP main rear camera, with RGBW sensor and 5P+1G lens, supported with a 13MP ultrawide camera and a 2MP camera. The PHANTOM X2 Pro on the other hand, features a 50MP main camera with a 1/1.3″ Samsung GNV sensor and Super Night mode, supported by a 50MP ISOCELL JN1 sensor, 65mm telephoto, 2.5x optical zoom, retractable lens and a 13MP ultrawide camera.
TECNO PHANTOM X2 and PHANTOM X2 Pro Full Specifications
- Network: 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G
- Display: 6.8-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) FHD+ AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Processor: Up to 3.05GHz Octa Core Dimensity 9000 4nm processor with Mali-G710 10-core GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB for X2 / 12GB for X2 Pro LPDDR5 RAM, with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- SIM: Dual SIM
- OS: Android 12 with HiOS 12
- Rear: PHANTOM X2 – 64 MP rear camera with RGBW sensor, 5P+1G lens, OIS, 13MP ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP camera
- PHANTOM X2 Pro – 50MP rear camera with 1/1.3″ Samsung GNV sensorm f/1.9 aperture, 50MP ISOCELL JN1 sensor, f/1.5 aperture 65mm telephoto, 2.5x optical zoom, retractable lens, 13 MP ultrawide camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Front: 32MP front camera with f/2.5 aperture
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 164.6 x 72.7 x 8.9mm
- Weight: grams
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, stereo speakers
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3,GPS/GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5160mAh battery with 45W fast charging
Price and Availability?
The Phantom X2 is priced at $718 while the Phantom X2 Pro costs just about $930. Both version are expected to be available to purchase from the end of December globally.