Xiaomi announced its latest smartphone called the Redmi Note 12 Pro and Note 12 Pro+ at an event held in China. The smartphones came sporting 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display with a resolution of 1080×2400 pixels. The Note 12 Pro comes measuring 162.9x76x7.9mm in dimension, while the Note 12 Pro+ and Note 12 Discovery Edition has a body dimension of 162.9x76x8.98mm. The Note 12 Pro has a weight of 187 grams, whereas the Note 12 Pro+ and Note 12 Discovery Edition has a weight of 208.4 grams and 207.5 grams respectively.
They all came powered by an Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 1080 processor, that is supported with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU. The phone comes with up to 12GB of RAM and boast of a 3000mm² VC liquid cooling heat dissipation. They all feature an In-display fingerprint sensor and Infrared sensor. The Note 12 Pro and Note 12 Pro+ both packed a 5000mAh battery that supports 67W and 120W fast charging respectively. The Note 12 Discovery Edition on the other hand packs a 4300mAh battery with 210W fast charging.
As for the cameras, the all feature a 16MP front selfie camera, while the Redmi Note 12 Pro comes with a 50MP main rear camera, combine with an 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera and a 2MP macro camera. The Note 12 Pro+ comes with a 200MP main rear camera combine with an 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera, and a 2MP macro camera. See complete specifications below.
Redmi Note 12 Pro, Note 12 Pro+ and Note 12 Discovery Edition Full Specifications
- Network: 5G, 4G, 3G and 2G
- Display: 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) OLED display
- Processor: Octa Core (2 x 2.6GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 1080 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 6GB, 8GB RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, 8GB, 12GB with 256GB UFS 2.2 internal storage.
- OS: Android 12 with MIUI 13
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Rear: Redmi Note 12 Pro – 50MP rear camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IM766 sensor, OIS, f/1.88 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Redmi Note 12 Pro+ – 200MP rear camera with 1/1.4″ Samsung HMX sensor, OIS, f/1.65 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Front: 16MP front camera
- Sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 162.9x76x7.9mm (Note 12 Pro), 162.9x76x8.98mm (Note 12 Pro+ and Note 12 Discovery Edition)
- Weight: (Note 12 Pro) 187 grams, (Note 12 Pro+ and Note 12 Discovery Edition) 208.4 grams and 207.5 grams
- Colours: Azure blue and Twilight Grey
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, super-linear stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Battery: 5000mA battery with 67W (Note 12 Pro) / 120W (Note 12 Pro+) fast charging
- Note 12 Discovery Edition – 4300mAh battery with 210W fast charging
Price and Availability?
The Redmi Note 12 Pro cost $234 for the 6GB + 128GB, $248 for 8GB + 128GB, $276 for the 8GB + 256GB and $203 for the 12GB + 256GB model.
The Redmi Note 12 Pro+ is priced at $203 for the 8GB + 256GB and $331 for the 12GB + 256GB model.
The Redmi Note 12 Discovery Edition comes with a price tag of $331 for the single 8GB + 256GB model.
Note: All the models comes with a glass back.