Realme has today introduced a series of device that consist of the Realme 8s 5G, Realme Pad, Realme Cobble Bluetooth speaker, and Realme Pocket Bluetooth speaker. Also announced by the smartphone maker, is the Realme 8i a smartphone that comes sporting a 6.6-inch Full HD+ IPS LCD punch-hole display, with a resolution of 1080 x 2400 pixels.
It has a 20:9 aspect ratio, 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut, 401ppi pixel density, and a 120Hz adaptive refresh rate. The phone is powered by a MediTek Helio G96 processor, and packs a 5,000mAh battery that supports 18W charging. It comes in 4GB / 6GB of LPDDR4x RAM with a 64GB / 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. The RAM can be expanded up to 5GB for better performance.
The Realme 8i runs on Realme UI 2.0 based Android 11 OS. It supports dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, a microSD card slot, and a 3.5mm headphone jack. The phone has a rear camera combination of a 50-megapixel main camera, a 2-megapixel macro camera, and a 2-megapixel depth assists lens. While on the front, there is a 16-megapixel selfie shooter.
Realme 8i Specifications
- Network: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- Display: 6.6-inch (2400 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 IPS LCD display with 120Hz refresh rate, DCI-P3 wide color gamut.
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G96 Processor with Adreno 660 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB of LPDDR4x RAM, with 64GB of UFS 2.1 storage and 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage
- OS: Android 11 with Realme UI 2.0
- SIM: Dual SIM
- Dimensions: 164.1×75.5×8.5mm
- Weight: 194 gram
- Colours: Black and Purple
- Rear: 50MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP macro camera and 2MP depth
- Front: 16MP front-facing camera
- Sensor: Side fingerprint sensor
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 18W charging
Price and Availability
The 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage version goes for about $190, while the 6GB RAM with 128GB of internal storage cost just about $217.