Realme has started rolling out the stable Realme UI 3.0 based on Android 12 update for two of its devices. The two smartphones getting the new update, is the Realme 8 5G and Narzo 30 5G. It could be recalled that the two smartphones were launched last year running on Android 11-based Realme UI 2.0.
The Realme UI 3.0 update for the Realme 8 5G comes with firmware version RMX3241_11.C.03 while the Narzo 30 5G’s update has firmware version RMX3242_11.C.03. However, to receive Realme UI 3.0, your 8 5G should be running the firmware with version RMX3241_11.A.16 and the Narzo 30 5G should have RMX3242_11.A.16.
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Adds Smart Assistant widgets that show key information of apps and provide instant access to functions.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring more natural user experience.
Convenience And Efficiency
- FlexDrop is renamed as Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching the floating windows between different sizes.
Security And Privacy
- Optimizes spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
The update will be randomly pushed out to a limited number of users and will have a broader rollout in a few days after making sure there are no critical bugs. The company revealed that if no critical bugs are found, the full rollout will be completed in the upcoming days. The update is currently seeding to users in India.