WhatsApp and Telegram have become two of the best instant messaging apps around. Both platform boast of over 2 billion active users. Some few days ago, we shared a post on how you can use WhatsApp Web on your desktop. Today we are showing you, how you can use the Telegram Web on your Window PC and Mac. Before we did that, how is a brief history about the WhatsApp alternative from Russia.
Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging platform founded by the brothers Nikolai and Pavel Durov back in 2013. The company and the App started in Russia and shifted to Germany. It is available across multiple platform such as available for Android, iOS and Windows Phone.
The platform boast of over 400 million monthly active users and its currently the best alternative to WhatsApp. It has become very popular, due to its end-to-end encryption available to all the users of the platform. Just recently, the platform launched it video calling feature.
What is Telegram Web?
Just as the name suggests, it is a web version of Telegram on any desktop browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera. The platform allows users to sync their mobile version of Telegram to the desktop or PC version. This can be done on any Window or Mac PC.
How to Use Telegram Web
- Straight from your web browser (Chrome, Opera or Safari) on your laptop or desktop, go to the Telegram website.
- On the login page, select your country and then type in your phone number then “Next”.
- After hitting “Next” a popup will appear asking you if the phone number you entered is correct, click on ok.
- After clicking ok, a code will then be sent to you, enter the code.
- Hit “Next” after you’ve entered the code, and you will be logged in into your Telegram account.
Note: Just like on WhatsApp Web, you also need your mobile phone to stay connected to the web version.