ASUS has announced what is now known as the world’s first 17.3-inch foldable OLED laptop. Called the Zenbook 17 Fold OLED, the company stated that it worked closely with Intel and BOE Technology Group to make this possible. The device, according to the company, offers an expansive 17-inch 2.5K screen for immersive entertainment and easy multitasking, and for the on the go experience, it folds neatly into an ultra-compact 12.5-inch laptop.
It features a full-size ASUS ErgoSense Bluetooth keyboard and touchpad. When folded, the device can appear to look like a PC, Laptop, Tablet, On-Screen Keyboard, Book and Extend. It is expected that the ASUS Zenbook 17 Fold OLED will be available for purchase in the mid-year of 2022.
The ASUS Zenbook 17 Fold OLED was also introduced alongside the Zenbook 14 OLED and the Zenbook 14X OLED Space Edition. Check out the full specification of the device below.
Zenbook 17 Fold OLED UX9702 Specifications
- Display: 17.3-inch (2560 x 1920 pixels) FOLED 4:3 aspect ratio, 0.2ms response time, 500nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 1,000,000:1, VESA CERTIFIED Display HDR True Black 500, 1.07 billion colors, PANTONE Validated, Glossy display, 70% less harmful blue light, Touch screen, Screen-to-body ratio: 87 ％
- Processor: Intel Core i7-1250U Processor 1.1 GHz (12M Cache, up to 4.7 GHz, 2P+8E cores), Intel Iris Xe Graphics
- RAM And Storage: 16GB LPDDR5 on board, 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 Performance SSD
- OS: Windows 11 Home / Pro
- Others: Soft Keyboard, 1.4mm Key-travel
- Camera: 5MP camera with IR function to support Windows Hello
- US MIL-STD 810H military-grade standard
- Unfolded: 378.5 x 287.6 x 8.7~11.7 mm
- Folded: 287.6 x 189.3 x 17.4~31.9 mm
- Without keyboard: 1.6~1.7 kg
- With keyboard: 1.99 kg
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E(802.11ax)+Bluetooth 5.2 (Dual band) 2×2, 2x Thunderbolt 4 supports display / power delivery, 1x 3.5mm Combo Audio Jack
- Battery: 75WHrs, 4S1P, 4-cell Li-ion, TYPE-C, 65W AC Adapter